Brad Paisley Wears A Special Jacket, Joe Diffie Is Big – Today In Country Music History
Brad Paisley wore a very special jacket for his induction into the Grand Ole Opry on this date in 2001, Joe Diffie was big … REALLY BIG … in 1996 and Gene Autry didn’t like fences in 1945.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 17 February, 2012.
- Porter Wagoner gave his first Los Angeles concert in nearly 40 years, opening for Neko Case at the Henry Fonda Theatre, in 2007. He employed an all-star band with guitarist Marty Stuart, bass player Dwight Yoakam and drummer Billy Bob Thornton.
- Brad Paisley was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry in 2001 wearing the yellow jacket that Buck Owens wore the night he recorded his Live At Carnegie Hall album.
- Jamie O’Neal peaked at Number One in Billboard with “There Is No Arizona” in 2001.
- Joe Diffie‘s “Bigger Than The Beatles” hit Number One on the Billboard country singles chart in 1996.
- John Michael Montgomery‘s “I Can Love You Like That” was released in 1995.
- Gene Autry‘s “Don’t Fence Me In” charted in 1945.
Let’s give a quick listen to Joe Diffie’s tune from 1996.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.