Waylon Jennings Shows His Hand, Shedaisy Takes The Gold – Today In Country Music History
Miranda Lambert had a day that was definitely “four” the record books on this date in 2011, Shedaisy was having a golden day in 1999, Waylon Jennings hands were on television (but not his face) in 1980 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 01 November, 2012.
- Miranda Lambert‘s Four The Record album was released in 2011.
- Shedaisy earned their first gold album for their debut, The Whole Shebang, in 1999.
- Jason Aldean moved to Nashville from Georgia in 1998.
- Waylon Jennings went to Number One in Billboard with “Theme From The Dukes Of Hazzard (Good Ol’ Boys)” in 1980.
- Eddy Arnold began an unequaled 72-week reign at the top of the country chart in 1947 with the following Number One hits (in order): “I’ll Hold You In My Heart,” “Anytime,” “Bouquet Of Roses,” “Texarkana Baby,” and “Just A Little Lovin’ (Will Go A Long, Long Way).”
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.