Travis Tritt Is In Trouble, Ely Young Band Is Crazy – Today In Country Music History
The Eli Young Band was crazy happy with their first platinum single on this date in 2011, Tim McGraw let everyone know he was from the South in 2009, Travis Tritt was in trouble – but in a good way – in 1992 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 20 October, 2012.
- The Eli Young Band earned its first platinum single for “Crazy Girl” in 2011.
- Tim McGraw‘s Southern Voice album was released in 2009.
- George Jones broke his right wrist in 2006 when he fell at the front door of producer Keith Stegall‘s Nashville studio, forcing the cancellation of three concerts.
- Travis Tritt earned a gold album, for T-R-O-U-B-L-E, 1992.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
- Patty Loveless underwent vocal surgery for a leaking blood vessel at Vanderbilt University in 1992.
- Clint Black married Lisa Hartman in 1991.
- Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers Band charted a Number One on the Billboard country chart with “All The Gold In California” in 1979.
- Del Reeves joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1966.
- Leroy Van Dyke joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1962.
- Ray Price‘s “City Lights” began its 13-week run at Number One in 1958.
- Hank Williams signed a movie contract with MGM studios in 1951.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.