Toby Keith Was At Number One, Willie Nelson Was Electric – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Toby Keith was Number One with a Question Mark on this date in 2002, Deana Carter had a little too much Strawberry Wine in 2001 and Willie Nelson and Robert Redford were on the silver screen together back in 1979.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 21 December, 2011.
- Toby Keith‘s “Who’s Your Daddy” lands at Number One on the Billboard country chart in 2002.
- Deana Carter is arrested for driving under the influence after Nashville police stop her for speeding in 2001.
- Josh Turner makes his Grand Ole Opry debut, performing “Long Black Train,” in 2001.
- Brooks & Dunn top the Billboard country chart with “My Next Broken Heart” in 1991.
- The Electric Horseman, the film starring Willie Nelson and Robert Redford, premiered in 1979.
- Elvis Presley goes to the White House to volunteer his services to President Nixon in the fight against drugs in 1970.
- Glen Campbell‘s “Wichita Lineman” earns him a Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1968.
- Jack Greene joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1967.
- Hank Williams recorded “Cold, Cold Heart” in 1950.
Let’s give another listen to Josh Turner’s breakout hit, Long Black Train.
Subscribe to 102.3 Blake FM on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.