Toby Keith Loves His Bar, Elvis Presley Becomes A Movie Star – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Carrie Underwood released her first CD on this date in 2005, Toby Keith’s favorite bar took him to number one on the charts in 2003 and Elvis Presley’s very first movie debuted on this date in 1956.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 15 November, 2011.
- Carrie Underwood‘s debut album, Some Hearts, was released in 2005.
- Big & Rich‘s Comin’ To Your City album was released in 2005.
- Shania Twain‘s Come On Over became the first country album in history certified for shipments of 20 million units in 2004.
- Toby Keith climbed to Number One in Billboard with “I Love This Bar” in 2003.
- Trio II by Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, and Emmylou Harris was certified gold in 2001.
- Linda Ronstadt‘s Greatest Hits was certified seven times platinum in 2001.
- Trisha Yearwood‘s Where Your Road Leads album was certified platinum in 1999.
- Waylon Jennings picked up a Number One country single in Billboard with “Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way” in 1975.
- Elvis Presley‘s first movie, Love Me Tender, opened in New York City in 1956.
Here’s a look at the theatrical trailer for Elvis’ first film.
Subscribe to 102.3 Blake FM on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.