Tim McGraw Is In The Movies, Willie Nelson Is On The Road – Today In Country Music History
Tim McGraw and Gwyneth Paltrow were on the silver screen on this date in 2010, Keith Urban was glad he was who he was in 2003, Willie Nelson was on the road … again … in 1980 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 08 November, 2012.
- The movie Country Strong, starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Tim McGraw, premiered at Nashville’s Green Hills 16 theaters in 2010, drawing Faith Hill, Luke Bryan, Sara Evans, Dierks Bentley, Jerrod Niemann and Little Big Town.
- Kenny Chesney‘s The Road And The Radio album was released in 2005.
- Jason Aldean‘s self-tited debut album was certified gold in 2005.
- “Who Wouldn’t Wanna Be Me” took Keith Urban to the top of the Billboard country chart in 2003.
- Johnny Paycheck became the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry in 1997.
- Shania Twain started a five-week reign on Billboard‘s country chart with “Love Gets Me Every Time” in 1997.
Subscribe to 102.3 Blake FM on
- Deana Carter took home her first gold album for Did I Shave My Legs For This? in 1996.
- Clyde Wilson, better known as Western movie actor Slim Pickens, died in 1983.
- Marty Robbins died at the age of 57 in Nashville, Tennessee in 1982.
- Willie Nelson‘s “On The Road Again” climbed to the top spot on the Billboard country singles chart in 1980.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.