Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Have A Baby – Carrie Underwood Gets An Award – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Carrie Underwood took home a basket full of awards on this date in 2010, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw had their third child in 2001 and Waylon, Willie, Johnny and Kris recorded The Highwayman in 1984.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 06 December, 2011.
- Carrie Underwood won six times at the inaugural American Country Awards on FOX from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas in 2010.
- John Rich – of Big and Rich – married longtime girlfriend Joan Bush during an intimate ceremony at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium in 2008.
- Dierks Bentley earned a platinum album for Modern Day Drifter in 2005.
- Brad Paisley performed two songs, including his own “Little Moments,” at the Palm Springs wedding reception of Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter of The Bachelorette series in 2003.
- Faith Hill and Tim McGraw became parents for the third time with the arrival of daughter, Audrey Caroline. The baby was born about a month early in 2001.
- Roy Orbison died at the age of 52 in Hendersonville, Tennessee, in 1988.
- George Strait appeared at Number One on the Billboard country chart with “It Ain’t Cool To Be Crazy About You” in 1986.
- Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson recorded “Highwayman” at Nashville’s Moman Studios in 1984.
- Ronnie Milsap‘s “Smoky Mountain Rain” climed to Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1980.
- Tex Ritter was elected to the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1964.
Here’s a look at what Waylon, Willie, Johnny and Kris (a.k.a. The Highwaymen) were up to nearly thirty years ago.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.