Taylor Swift Raps, Blake Shelton Gets A Double – Today In Country Music History
Blake Shelton got a double on this date in 2011, Taylor Swift, a.k.a. T-Shizzle, rapped with T-Payne in 2009, Dolly Parton promised to love us forever in 1974 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 09 June, 2012.
- Blake Shelton was the only double winner in the CMT Music Awards at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena in 2011.
- Taylor Swift recorded “Thug Story” with rapper T-Pain for the show opener at the CMT Music Awards in 2009.
- Jack Ingram sang the national anthem prior to game 1 of the NBA championship series when the Dallas Mavericks hosted the Miami Heat at American Airlines Center in 2006.
- George Strait‘s “Blue Clear Sky” took over the Number One position on the Billboard chart in 1996.
- Dolly Parton‘s “I Will Always Love You” went to the top of the charts in 1974.
- Johnny Cash‘s Number One single “Ring of Fire” charted in 1963
Here’s Taylor Sw… make that T-Shizzle …
Subscribe to 102.3 Blake FM on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.