Taylor Swift Lays Claim, Lonestar Still In The Dark – Today In Country Music History
Taylor Swift laid claim to what was hers on this date in 2009, Lonestar was looking for News in 1996 and Buck Owens scored his very first number one hit back in 1963.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 13 April, 2012.
- Taylor Swift‘s “You Belong With Me” was released to radio in 2009.
- Chris Cagle scored his first Number One single with “I Breathe In, I Breathe Out” in 2002.
- Lonestar hit the top in Billboard for the first time with “No News” in 1996.
- Grand Ole Opry Live debuted on TNN in 1985.
- Charley Pride recorded his first chart-topping single, “All I Have To Offer You (Is Me),” in 1969.
- Glen Campbell‘s first Number One single, “I Wanna Live,” charted in 1968.
- Buck Owens‘ first Number One single, “Act Naturally,” charted in 1963.
- Bill Anderson went to Number One on the Billboard country chart with his biggest hit, “Still,” in 1963.
- George Jones charted his first Number One country single in Billboard as a recording artist with “White Lightning” in 1959.
Let’s check in with the guys from Lonestar to see if there’s any new News.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.