Taylor Swift Introduces Herself, Garth Brooks Sets A Record For Records – Today In Country Music History
The world was introduced to Taylor Swift on this date in 2006, Roy Clark was a big deal in Oklahoma in 2000, Garth Brooks set a new record for albums shipped in 1991 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History.
- Don Williams and Jimmy Dean were inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2010.
- Taylor Swift‘s self-titled debut album was released in 2006.
- SHeDAISY earned their second gold album for Sweet Right Here in 2005.
- Neal McCoy and his wife, Melinda, renewed their wedding vows on their 20th anniversary at the Graceland Chapel in Las Vegas with an Elvis Presley impersonator officiating in 2000.
- Roy Clark was inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall Of Fame in 2000.
- Chris Cagle‘s debut album, Play It Loud, was released in 2000.
- Wynonna‘s “No One Else On Earth” kicked off a four-week ride at Number One in Billboard in 1992.
- Garth Brooks‘ No Fences was the first country album certified for shipments of more than five million copies in 1991.
- Eddie Rabbitt earned the first two gold albums of his career, for Horizon and The Best Of Eddie Rabbitt in 1980.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.