Taylor Swift Headlines For The First Time, Johnny Cash Gets A New Car – Today In Country Music History
Taylor Swift headlined her first stadium show on this date in 2010, George Strait co-headlined at Texas Stadium in 2004, Johnny Cash had the number one song in Country music in 1976 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 29 May, 2012.
- Taylor Swift headlined a stadium for the first time in 2010 at the Bayou Country Superfest at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge. Keith Urban, David Nail, Kellie Pickler and Gloriana also performed on the bill.
- George Strait, Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett co-headlined a rare country music stadium date at Texas Stadium in Irving in 2004.
- Gretchen Wilson‘s debut single, “Redneck Woman,” began a five-week stay at the top of the Billboard chart in 2004.
- Brad Paisley‘s Part II album was released in 2001.
- Chely Wright attended the senior prom in Altoona, Pennsylvania as a guest of fan David Showalter in 1998.
- Shania Twain launched her first major concert tour with a show in Sudbury, Ontario in 1998.
- Wynonna Judd began recording her first solo album in Nashville in 1991.
- Johnny Cash climbed to Number One on the Billboard country chart with “One Piece At A Time” in 1976.
- Jimmy Dean won Best Country & Western Recording for “Big Bad John” during the fourth annual Grammy Awards in 1962.
- Hank Williams and Audrey Williams divorced in 1952.
- Maybelle Carter and the Carter Sisters joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1950.
Here’s Johnny from ’76.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.