T.G. Sheppard Finds The Devil, Sugarland Is Silent – Today In Country Music History
Sugarland and Jennifer Hudson teamed up to sing Silent Night for Oprah on this date in 2009, Tim McGraw played the Grand Ole Opry for the first time in 2002 and T.G. Sheppard was singing about the evils of drinkin’ (A good Country theme!) on this date in 1974.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 30 November, 2011.
- Sugarland performed “Silent Night” with Jennifer Hudson on a Christmas edition of The Oprah Winfrey Show in 2009. Tim McGraw joined Alicia Keys on John Lennon‘s “Happy Xmas (War Is Over).”
- Rascal Flatts‘ “These Days” hit the top of the Billboard country singles chart in 2002.
- Tim McGraw made his Grand Ole Opry debut in 2002.
- George Strait was honored by MCA Records for sales of 55 million records during his 20 years with the label in 2000.
- Martina McBride became a member of the Grand Ole Opry in 1995.
- Randy Travis topped Billboard‘s country chart with “Forever Together” in 1991.
- Garth Brooks‘ No Fences album is certified double-platinum in 1990.
- T.G. Sheppard debuted on the chart with “Devil in the Bottle” in 1974.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.