Sugarland Headlines, Keith Urban Is In The Band – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Sugarland started their first headlining tour on this date in 2007, Dierks Bentley got a little out of control in 2003 and Keith Urban (with the band The Ranch) debuted on the charts back in 1997.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 27 September, 2011.
- Sugarland kicked off their first headlining tour at the North Charleston Coliseum in South Carolina in 2007.
- Gretchen Wilson‘s All Jacked Up album was released in 2005.
- Dierks Bentley earned his first Number One single in Billboard with “What Was I Thinkin'” in 2003.
- Diamond Rio‘s “How Your Love Makes Me Feel” went to Number One on the Billboard country singles chart in 1997.
- Keith Urban‘s former band, the Ranch, made their chart debut with “Walkin’ The Country” in 1997. Urban was the trio’s lead singer and guitarist.
- Alan Frizzell filed for divorce from Shelly West in 1983.
- Connie Smith debuted on the chart with “Once A Day” in 1964. The song spent eight weeks in the Number One position.
Any excuse to play this video is good enough for me!
Subscribe to 102.3 Blake FM on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.