Steve Earle Gets Married, Elvis Gets Divorced – Today In Country Music History
On this date in 2005 Steve Earle married singer / songwriter Allison Moorer, on this date in 1972 Elvis Presley got divorced from Priscilla and on this date in 2001 Blake Shelton was waiting for a phone call.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 11 August, 2011.
- Steve Earle and Allison Moorer were married at the Hermitage Hotel in downtown Nashville in 2005. It was his seventh wedding, and her second.
- Blake Shelton scored his first Number One single with “Austin” in 2001.
- Vince Gill’s The Key album was released in 1998.
- Eddie Rabbitt’s “Suspicions” reigned at Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1979.
- Elvis and Priscilla Presley filed for divorce in 1972.
- Elvis Presley‘s chart-topping single, “Don’t Be Cruel,” charted in 1956.
- Hank Williams‘ “Hey, Good Lookin'” went to Number One in 1951.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.