Sara Evans Flies, Steve Wariner Has A Big Weekend – Today In Country Music History
Sara Evans was “flying” on this date in 2001, Producer T-Bone Burnett was wondering where his “brothers” were in that same year and Steve Wariner had a big “weekend” in 1987.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 25 July, 2011.
- Dixie Chick Martie Maguire and her husband, Gareth, had a daughter, Harper Rosie Maguire, in Austin, Texas in 2008.
- Jake Owen‘s debut album, Startin’ With Me, was released in 2006.
- Born To Fly became Sara Evans’ first platinum album in 2001.
- The T Bone Burnett-produced O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack went double-platinum in 2001.
- Kenny Rogers‘ She Rides Wild Horses album was certified for shipments of one million copies in 2000, giving him at least one platinum album in each of four straight decades.
- The late Keith Whitley was honored with a gold album for the first time for Don’t Close Your Eyes in 1989.
- Steve Wariner‘s “The Weekend” reached Number One in Billboard in 1987.
- Garth Brooks‘ “The River” became his ninth Number One hit in 1992.
- “Snowbird” marked Anne Murray‘s debut on the U.S. country charts in 1970.
Not near a radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.