Reba Lets You Call It, Willie & Merle Let One Get Away – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Reba McEntire let you call it in 1993, Toby Keith started a six week run at the top of the charts in 2005 and Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard sang a song about a bandit in 1983.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 23 July, 2011.
- Alabama debuted on the charts with “I Wanna Be With You Tonight” in 1977.
- Reba McEntire‘s “It’s Your Call” went to Number One in 1993.
- Toby Keith began a six-week stay at the top of the Billboard country chart with “As Good As I Once Was” in 2005.
- Joe Nichols‘ debut album, Man With A Memory, was released in 2002.
- Alan Jackson‘s remake of “Summertime Blues” topped the Billboard country singles chart in 1994.
- Vern Gosdin picked up a Number One single in Billboard with a song that celebrated Ernest Tubb, “Set ‘Em Up Joe,” in 1988.
- “Pancho And Lefty” took Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard to the top spot on the Billboard country chart in 1983.
Check out Willie and Merle in their video of the great Townes Van Zandt tune.
Subscribe to 102.3 Blake FM on
Not near a radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.