Josh Turner Debuts, Glen Campbell Strikes Gold – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
On this date in 2003, Josh Turner released his debut album. On this date in 2006, Josh had the number one song in the country. And Glen Campbell struck gold with Galveston on this date in 1969.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 14 October, 2011.
- Josh Turner claimed the top of the Billboard country chart with “Would You Go With Me” in 2006.
- Josh Turner‘s debut album, Long Black Train, was released in 2003.
- Bryan White married One Life To Live actress Erika Page at the Royal Lane Baptist Church in Dallas in 2000.
- Clint Black charted a Number One country single in Billboard magazine with “Killin’ Time” in 1989.
- Bill Monroe and the Carter Family were inducted into the Country Music Hall Of Fame in 1980.
- Donna Fargo‘s “Funny Face” became Billboard‘s Number One country single in 1972.
- Glen Campbell‘s “Galveston” single was certified gold in 1969.
- Tammy Wynette charted her first Number One single in Billboard as a solo artist with “I Don’t Wanna Play House” in 1967.
- Grandpa Jones wed Ramona Riggins in 1946.
- The Carter Family‘s last recording session took place in 1941.
Here’s a vintage video of Glen Campbell.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.