Josh Gracin Performs on American Idol, Elvis Presley Forgets – Today In Country Music History
Tim McGraw teamed up with Nelly and became the first country artist to get a platinum single for downloads on this date in 2005, Josh Cracin performed on American Idol for the first time in 2003 and Elvis Presley forgot something very important back in 1956.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 25 February, 2012.
- Tim McGraw became the first country artist to receive a platinum single for digital downloads when his pop collaboration with Nelly, “Over And Over,” was certified for one million downloads in 2005.
- Josh Gracin performed “I’ll Be” in his first appearance on the FOX-TV talent competition American Idol in 2003.
- Wade Hayes scored his first Number One with “Old Enough To Know Better” in 1995.
- Dwight Yoakam took “I Sang Dixie” to Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1989.
- George Strait sold out all 49,000 seats at the Houston Astrodome in less than 24 hours in 1987, the fastest sellout there ever.
- Elvis Presley scored his first Number One country hit, “I Forgot To Remember To Forget,” in 1956.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.