Johnny Lee Looks For Love, Brad Paisley Says “We Do” – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
It was one year ago today that Brad Paisley’s This Is Country Music was released, Joaquin Phoenix played Johnny Cash in the movies in 2005 and Johnny Lee struck gold while Lookin’ For Love in 1980.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 18 November, 2011.
- Brad Paisley’s “This Is Country Music” was released to radio in 2010.
- The Zac Brown Band‘s album, The Foundation, was released on 2008.
- Kenny Chesney earned gold singles for “I Go Back” and “There Goes My Life” in 2005.
- The Johnny Cash biopic, Walk The Line, opened in 2005. The film starred Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny, along with Reese Witherspoon as June Carter, Shelby Lynne as Cash’s mother, and Shooter Jennings played his late father, Waylon Jennings.
- Brad Paisley has his first date with actress Kimberly Williams in 2001.
- Johnny Lee earned a gold single for “Lookin’ For Love” in 1980.
- Barbara Mandrell hosted her first network TV special in 1980.
- Jerry Lee Lewis & his third wife, Myra, divorced in 1970.
- Conway Twitty recorded “Hello, Darlin’” in 1969.
Here’s Brad’s performance at last year’s CMA awards show.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.