Johnny Cash Plays The Opry, Montgomery Gentry Feel Lucky – Today In Country Music History
Blake Shelton released another smash record on this date in 2011, Montgomery Gentry were feeling Lucky in 2007, Johnny Cash made his debut performance at the Grand Ole Opry in 1956 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 07 July, 2012.
- Blake Shelton‘s “God Gave Me You” was released to radio in 2011.
- Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman welcomed daughter Sunday Rose Kidman Urban at Baptist Hospital in Nashville in 2008.
- Montgomery Gentry topped the Billboard chart with “Lucky Man” in 2007.
- Big & Rich‘s debut album, Horse Of A Different Color, was certified gold in 2004.
- Kris Kristofferson‘s “Why Me” reached Number one on the Billboard country singles chart in 1973.
- Johnny Cash made his Grand Ole Opry debut at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium in 1956.
- Eddy Arnold launched his NBC-TV show in 1953.
Are you feelin’ lucky?
Subscribe to 102.3 Blake FM on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.