Johnny Cash Is On TV, Kenny Chesney Is At The Stadium – Today In Country Music History
Taylor Swift scored her very first platinum album on this date in 2007, Kenny Chesney headlined his first stadium show in 2003, ABC aired the very first episode of The Johnny Cash Show (Can you guess who the guest was?) back in 1969 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 07 June, 2012.
- Taylor Swift‘s self-titled debut album was certified platinum in 2007.
- Kenny Chesney headlined a stadium show for the first time in his career, playing for 61,780 in the rain at Knoxville’s Neyland Stadium in 2003.
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill‘s duet “It’s Your Love” began a six-week stay atop the country chart in 1997.
- Alan Jackson joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1991.
- Elvis Presley‘s Memphis home, Graceland, opened for public tours in 1982.
- Barbara Mandrell recorded the album Barbara Mandrell Live at the Roy Acuff Theatre in 1981.
- ABC-TV aired the first episode of The Johnny Cash Show with guest Bob Dylan in 1969.
Here’s Tim and Faith from 1997.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.