John Rich Is An Apprentice, Jerry Lee Lewis Gets Married Again – Today In Country Music History
John Rich did very well as an Apprentice on this date in 2011, Toby Keith’s show was interrupted by mortar fire in 2008 and Jerry Lee Lewis got married … for the sixth time … in 1984.
Here’s the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 24 April, 2012.
- John Rich won $20,000 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as the winning manager for a four-page Trump Collection advertising presentation on NBC’s The Celebrity Apprentice in 2011.
- Toby Keith‘s performance at a base in Kandahar, Afghanistan was interrupted by mortar fire as he played for 2,500 troops in his sixth USO tour in 2008.
- Billy Currington‘s Doin’ Somethin’ Right album went platinum in 2007.
- For the first time in his career, Johnny Cash received a gold award for a standard studio album in 2003 with the certification of American IV: The Man Comes Around.
- Tim McGraw‘s Set This Circus Down album was released in 2001.
- Sammy Kershaw scored a Number One single with “She Don’t Know She’s Beautiful” in 1993.
- Jerry Lee Lewis married for the sixth time, to 22-year-old Kerrie McCarver, in 1984.
- Emmylou Harris‘ remake of Buck Owens‘ “Together Again” became her first Number One country single in Billboard in 1976.
- Brenda Lee married Ronnie Shacklett in Nashville in 1963.
Here’s Tim from his 2001 album.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.