John Rich Has Cash, Taylor Swift Is On SNL – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
John and Joan Rich welcomed a son on this date in 2010, Taylor Swift was Live on Saturday Night in 2009 and Elvis Presley recorded his first session in Nashville back in 1956.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 10 January, 2011.
- John Rich and his wife, Joan, welcomed son Cash Rich in 2010.
- Taylor Swift was the musical guest on NBC’s Saturday Night Live in 2009.
- Darryl Worley performed “Have You Forgotten?” publicly for the first time on the Grand Ole Opry at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium in 2003.
- Martina McBride claimed the top of the Billboard country chart with “A Broken Wing” in 1998.
- Clint Black joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1991.
- The Oak Ridge Boys‘ “Bobbie Sue” was released in 1982.
- Merle Haggard‘s “I Think I’ll Just Stay Here And Drink” climbed to Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1981.
- Crystal Gayle‘s Miss The Mississippi album became the first country release to receive a gold record during the ’80s in 1980.
- Elvis Presley recorded his first Nashville session in 1956.
- Audrey Williams filed for divorce from Hank Williams for the second time in four years in 1952.
- Loretta Webb married Oliver “Mooney” Lynn in 1948.
And here’s a look at Taylor Swift’s SNL performance from back before she had bangs.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.