Jason Aldean Wins Gold For Going Green – Today In Country Music History
Brooks & Dunn played their final concert on this date in 2010, Jason Aldean’s Big Green Tractor turned to gold on this date in 2009 and Garth Brooks was Ropin’ The Wind in 1991.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 02 September, 2011.
- Brooks & Dunn played their final concert at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena in 2010 with proceeds earmarked for the Country Music Hall of Fame. Reba McEntire joined them on “Cowgirls Don’t Cry,” and their last song was “Brand New Man.”
- Jason Aldean earned a gold single for “Big Green Tractor” in 2009.
- Jimmy Dean received his diploma at Plainview High School in Texas in 2003, 57 years after he dropped out to support his mother.
- Garth Brooks‘ Ropin’ The Wind album was released in 1991.
- Travis Tritt debuted on the singles charts with “Country Club” in 1989.
- Connie Smith and Bob Luman joined the Opry in 1965.
- Jimmy C. Newman became an Opry member in 1956.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.