George Strait Twangs, Dierks Bently Wonders – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
George Strait was twanging at the top of the charts on this date in 2009, Dierks Bently was contemplating some bad decisions in 2003 and Lonestar’s first chart single was chalked up to alcohol back in 1995.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 19 August, 2011.
- George Strait‘s Twang topped the Billboard 200 chart in 2009.
- Dierks Bentley‘s self-titled debut album was released in 2003.
- Alan Jackson‘s When Somebody Loves You CD was certified platinum in 2001.
- Dwight Yoakam earned his second double-platinum album, with Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc., Etc. in 1999.
- Lonestar made their chart debut with “Tequila Talkin’” in 1995.
- “Talking In Your Sleep” took Crystal Gayle to Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1978.
- Kris Kristofferson married Rita Coolidge with Kristofferson’s father, a minister, conducting the ceremony, in 1973.
- Charlie Walker joined Grand Ole Opry in 1967.
Here’s the first tune (of many) that we got from Dierks.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.