George Strait Thinks About Christmas, Brad and Keith Start A Band – Today In Country Music History
Brad Paisley and Keith Urban started a band on this date in 2008, Rodney Atkins found his people in 2007, George Strait was thinking about Christmas in 1986 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 08 September, 2012.
- Brad Paisley‘s duet with Keith Urban, “Start A Band,” was released to radio in 2008.
- Rodney Atkins climbed to Number One on the Billboard chart with “These Are My People” in 2007.
- Trace Adkins‘ “Honky Tonk Badonkadonk” was released to radio in 2005.
- David Ball‘s “Riding with Private Malone” debuted on the country singles charts in 2001.
- Alabama‘s “Jukebox In My Mind” began a three-week run at Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1990.
- George Strait‘s Greatest Hits Volume II album was released in 1987.
- George Strait‘s Merry Christmas Strait to You album was released in 1986.
- Anne Murray‘s Greatest Hits album was released in 1980.
- Conway Twitty had a Number One hit with “I May Never Get to Heaven” in 1979.
- Conway Twitty reached Number One in Billboard with “You’ve Never Been This Far Before” in 1973.
How in the world does Keith Urban get that guitar pick back so easily?
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.