George Jones Stopped, Brad Paisley Waited, Reba Wondered – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
George Jones’ iconic song about stopping was added to the Library of Congress National Recording Registry on this day in 2008, the same day saw Brad Paisley extolling the virtues of waitin’ and Reba McEntire and Linda Davis wondered who he loved in 1993.
Here’s the rundown for Today In Country Music History for 09 June, 2011.
- George Jones‘ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” was added to the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry in 2009.
- Brad Paisley‘s “Waitin’ On A Woman” was released to radio in 2008.
- Kenny Chesney‘s “Don’t Happen Twice” went to Number One on the Billboard country chart in 2001.
- Reba McEntire & Linda Davis recorded “Does He Love You” in 1993.
- George Strait‘s “Love Without End, Amen” began a five-week stay at Number One on the country singles chart in 1990.
- Lorrie Morgan joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1984.
- Kenny Rogers‘ “She Believes In Me” claimed the Number One spot on the Billboard country chart in 1979.
- The Everly Brothers‘ “All I Have To Do Is Dream” went to Number One in 1958.
Here’s Brad Paisley and Andy Griffith waitin’ on their women.
Not near a radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.