Faith Hill Breathes, Willie & Waylon Sing About Lefty – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Taylor Swift was thinking Back To December one year ago today, Faith Hill was Breathing on this date in 1999 and Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard recorded a classic Townes Van Zandt tune in 1982.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 09 November, 2011.
- Taylor Swift‘s “Back To December” was released to radio in 2010.
- Randy Travis, Trace Adkins and Martina McBride were added to the Music City Walk of Fame in Nashville in 2008.
- Jamey Johnson, Bill Anderson and Buddy Cannon wrote the George Strait hit “Give It Away” in 2005.
- Gretchen Wilson and her former boyfriend, Mike Penner, welcomed daughter Grace in 2000.
- Faith Hill’s fourth album, Breathe, was released in 1999.
- The Internal Revenue Service seized the property of Willie Nelson in six states, including his Austin recording studio, to satisfy a $6.5 million debt in 1990.
- Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard recorded their classic duet “Pancho and Lefty” in 1982.
- Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn recorded their first duet, “After the Fire is Gone,” in 1970.
- Roy Acuff became the first living member inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1962.
- George Jones makes his chart debut with “Why, Baby, Why” in 1955.
Here’s a look at the Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard version of the great Townes Van Zandt tune, Pancho and Lefty. Townes even makes a few cameo appearances in the video.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.