Faith Hill Breathes, Dolly Parton Strikes Gold – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Faith Hill sang at the Super Bowl on this date in 2009, the Judds started their first tour of the U.K. in 1987 and Dolly Parton got her very first gold record in 1978.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 01 February, 2012.
- Faith Hill sang “America, The Beautiful” before the Super Bowl at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa in 2009.
- Toby Keith and Willie Nelson joined Aerosmith in the pre-game show for Super Bowl XXXVIII at Houston’s Reliant Stadium in 2004.
- Faith Hill‘s crossover smash single “Breathe” was released for sale in 2000.
- Doug Stone‘s “A Jukebox With A Country Song” climbed to the top of the Billboard country singles chart in 1992.
- The Judds performed in the United Kingdom for the first time in 1987.
- “Here You Come Again” was certified as Dolly Parton‘s first gold single in 1978.
- Merle Haggard recorded the classic “(Today) I Started Loving You Again” in 1968.
Here’s Dolly from back in the day.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.