Dierks Bently Gets Engaged, Faith Hill Lets Go – Today In Country Music History
Dierks Bently began a very short engagement period on this date in 2005, a Faith Hill and Vince Gill duet was at the top of the charts in 1998 and Dolly Parton had her very first number one single in 1970.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 12 December, 2011.
- Dierks Bentley proposed to Cassidy Black in Las Vegas in 2005. Two days later, the couple married in Mexico.
- Kenny Chesney‘s The Road And The Radio went gold, platinum and double-platinum simultaneously in 2005.
- Faith Hill went to Number One in Billboard with “Let Me Let Go” featuring Vince Gill in 1998.
- Clint Black received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1996.
- Waylon Jennings underwent triple bypass surgery at Nashville’s Baptist Hospital in 1988.
- Reba McEntire climbed to Number One in Billboard with “The Last One To Know” in 1987.
- Dolly Parton‘s first Number One single, “Joshua,” debuted on the charts in 1970.
- Twenty-two-year-old Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13-year-old cousin, Myra Gale Brown, in 1957.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.