Darius Rucker Had A Thought, John Berry Was Amazed – Today In Country Music History
Darius Rucker was Thinking – and don’t think he wasn’t – on this date in 2008, Faith Hill sang the National Anthem at a movie opening in 2001, John Berry was Amazed in 1994 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 21 May, 2012.
- Darius Rucker‘s first country single, “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It,” was released to radio in 2008.
- Emerson Drive‘s self-titled debut album was released in 2002.
- The movie Pearl Harbor premiered in Hawaii in 2001. Faith Hill opened the event by singing the national anthem. Lee Greenwood closed it with “God Bless The U.S.A.”
- Garth Brooks‘ No Fences became the first country album certified for shipments of 14 million copies in 1998.
- John Berry scored his first Number One hit with “Your Love Amazes Me” in 1994.
- Trisha Yearwood and the Mavericks‘ Robert Reynolds were married at the Ryman Auditorium in 1994. They have since divorced, and Trisha is now married to Garth Brooks.
- Eddy Arnold‘s “Bouquet Of Roses” logged its 54th week on the Billboard country chart in 1949.
Here’s Darius Rucker from four years ago.
Subscribe to 102.3 Blake FM on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.