Clint Black Isn’t The Groom, Kenny Chesney Doesn’t Blink – Today In Country Music History
Kenny Chesney didn’t blink at having the number one Country song in the nation on this date in 2007, Josh Turner had his day in 2004, Clint Black wasn’t the groom in 1991 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 27 October, 2012.
- Kenny Chesney claimed the Numbe One spot on the Billboard country chart with “Don’t Blink” in 2007.
- Shut Up And Sing, the Dixie Chicks documentary following Natalie Maines‘ controversial remarks about President Bush, hit the big screen in New York and L.A. in 2006.
- Florence, South Carolina celebrated “Josh Turner Day” with a performance from their native son in 2004.
- “Only In America” topped the country chart for Brooks & Dunn in 2001.
- Clint Black served as best man when Lorrie Morgan married his bus driver Brad Thompson in 1991.
- Alabama‘s “If You’re Gonna Play In Texas (You Gotta Have A Fiddle In The Band)” hit number one on the country chart in 1984.
Subscribe to 102.3 Blake FM on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.