Carrie Underwood Gets Waxed, David Allen Coe Goes To Jail – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Carrie Underwood got waxed on this date in 2008, Jo Dee Messina’s Greatest Hits album was certified gold in 2004 and David Allen Coe began his jail time in 1963.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 22 October, 2011.
- A wax figure of Carrie Underwood was unveiled at Madame Tussauds in New York in 2008.
- Keith Urban‘s “Better Life” began a six-week run at the top of the Billboard chart in 2005.
- Jo Dee Messina‘s Greatest Hits was certified gold in 2004.
- The Patsy Cline Collection 4-CD boxed set was released in 1991.
- Tim McGraw signed a recording contract with Curb Records in 1990.
- David Allan Coe began serving a four-year prison sentence at the Ohio State Penitentiary for car theft, possession of obscene materials and possession of burglary tools in 1963. He later claimed he killed a fellow inmate during his incarceration.
- Buck Owens recorded the Number One single “Act Naturally” in 1963.
Here’s one of my favorite Jo Dee Messina tunes, and a sentiment we can all relate to this year!
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.