Carrie Underwood Finds A Cowboy, Deana Carter Shaves Her Legs – Today In Country Music History
Carrie Underwood’s Cowboy Casanova was released on this date in 2009, Faith Hill had the number one song in the country in 2005 and Deana Carter shaved her legs in 1996.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 03 September, 2011.
- Carrie Underwood‘s “Cowboy Casanova” was released to radio in 2009.
- Taylor Swift made her European concert debut in 2008, performing a sold-out show at King’s College in London.
- Billy Gilman co-hosted segments of the Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Telethon from Las Vegas in 2006. Guests for the charity event included Jo Dee Messina, Steve Holy, Heartland, Julie Roberts and The Dave Matthews Band.
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill‘s Soul2Soul II tour closed at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas in 2006. The couple brought in almost $89 million, setting a record as the highest-grossing country tour in history.
- Faith Hill‘s “Mississippi Girl” claimed the Number One spot on the Billboard country chart in 2005.
- Deana Carter‘s debut album, Did I Shave My Legs for This?, was released in 1996.
- Rodney Crowell scored his first Number One single as an artist with “I Couldn’t Leave You If I Tried” in 1988.
- George Strait‘s Something Special album was released in 1985.
- The Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton duet “Islands In The Stream” charted in 1983.
- George Strait netted a Number One single in Billboard with “A Fire I Can’t Put Out” in 1983.
- Loretta Lynn signed her first major-label recording contract with Decca Records in 1961.
It’s been a while since I’ve heard Deana sing.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.