Brooks & Dunn Feel Like New, Sugarland Has Baby Girl – Today In Country Music History
Sugarland had their first hit single in 2004, Brooks & Dunn went platinum in 1992, George Strait started a three week run at the top of the charts in 1991 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 17 August, 2012.
- Sugarland‘s “Baby Girl” single was released to retail in 2004. It became the group’s first hit single.
- Vince Gill‘s When Love Finds You album went gold and platinum simultaneously in 1994.
- Brooks & Dunn‘s first album, Brand New Man, was certified platinum in 1992.
- George Strait‘s “You Know Me Better Than That” began a three-week stay at Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1991.
- Highwayman, featuring Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson, appeared at the top of the Billboard chart in 1985.
Don’t you wish you’d been at this show!
Subscribe to 102.3 Blake FM on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.