Brooks & Dunn Feel Like New, Sugarland Has Baby Girl – Today In Country Music History
Sugarland had their first hit single in 2004, Brooks & Dunn went platinum in 1992, George Strait started a three week run at the top of the charts in 1991 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 17 August, 2012.
- Sugarland‘s “Baby Girl” single was released to retail in 2004. It became the group’s first hit single.
- Vince Gill‘s When Love Finds You album went gold and platinum simultaneously in 1994.
- Brooks & Dunn‘s first album, Brand New Man, was certified platinum in 1992.
- George Strait‘s “You Know Me Better Than That” began a three-week stay at Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1991.
- Highwayman, featuring Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson, appeared at the top of the Billboard chart in 1985.
Don’t you wish you’d been at this show!
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.