Brooks & Dun Strike Paydirt, Everly Brothers sing “Bye Bye” – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Brooks & Dunn struck paydirt in 2003, Pat Green was ridin’ a wave that same year and the Everly Brothers said hello to their first by singing “Bye Bye”.
Here’s the rundown for Today In Country Music History for 15 July, 2011.
- Songwriter Hank Cochran died of pancreatic cancer at his home in Hendersonville, Tennessee in 2010. His most famous songs are “I Fall To Pieces,” “Make The World Go Away” and “Set ‘Em Up Joe.”
- Brooks & Dunn‘s Red Dirt Road album was released in 2003.
- Pat Green‘s Wave On Wave album hit retail outlets in 2003.
- Aaron Tippin married his business partner, Thea Corontzos, in a traditional Greek ceremony in Nashville in 1995.
- Bill Anderson joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1961.
- The Everly Brothers charted their first Number One country single with “Bye Bye Love” in 1957.
Here’s a bit of Phil and Don at age 20 and 18.
Subscribe to 102.3 Blake FM on
Not near a radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.