Brad Paisley, Craig Morgan, Kenny Rogers – Today In Country Music History
From Buck Owens’ funeral, to motorcycle crashes, to Kenny Rogers’ very first #1 Country Radio hit 34 years ago, here’s the Today In Country Music list for today, April 2nd, 2011.
Brad Paisley performed “When I Get Where I’m Going” during the funeral for Buck Owens at the Valley Baptist Church in Bakersfield in 2006. Also on hand were Dwight Yoakam, Garth Brooks, Chris Hillman, Herb Pedersen, Lulu Roman, John Berry and Trace Adkins.
- Craig Morgan broke his left wrist and suffered a concussion in 2006 when he was thrown over the handlebars in an accident during a cross country motorcycle race in Bucksnort, Tennessee.
- Little Texas scored their first Number One single with “My Love” in 1994.
- Alabama‘s Roll On album was certified gold and platinum in 1984.
- Wynonna Judd performed her first solo concert in Midland, Texas in 1992.
- Diamond Rio signed its first recording contract with Arista Records in 1990.
- Reba McEntire‘s “Love Will Find Its Way To You” climbed to Number One on the Billboard country singles chart in 1988.
- “Lucille” brought Kenny Rogers his first Number One country single in Billboard in 1977.