Blake Shelton Is A Hillbilly, George Strait Goes To Texas – Today In Country Music History
Blake Shelton was happy to have a Hillbilly Bone on this date in 2010, George Strait was still singing about Texas in 2005, the Oak Ridge Boys had women problems in 1980 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 28 June, 2012.
- “Hillbilly Bone,” Blake Shelton‘s duet with Trace Adkins, earned a gold single in 2010.
- George Strait‘s Somewhere Down In Texas album was released in 2005.
- Alabama, Brooks & Dunn, Sheryl Crow, Kenny Chesney and Delbert McClinton performed for 40,000 fans at a Dale Earnhardt tribute concert at Daytona Motor Speedway in Florida in 2003. The show became a Fox TV special.
- Willie Nelson claimed the Number One spot in Billboard with “Living In The Promiseland” in 1986.
- The Oak Ridge Boys topped the Billboard country chart with “Trying To Love Two Women” in 1980.
- Marty Robbins‘ “El Paso City” went to Number One in 1976.
- T.G. Sheppard‘s “Tryin’ to Beat the Morning Home” went to Number One in 1976.
- Merle Haggard recorded the Top Five single, “The Bottle Let Me Down,” in 1966.
Let’s watch as Trace and Blake show us their hillbilly roots.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.