Billy Currington, George Strait, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band – Today In Country Music History
Billy Currington gave us some Good Directions in 2007, George Strait got his Doctorate in 2006 and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band’s first number one Long Hard Road hit the charts back in 1984.
Here’s the rundown for Today In Country Music History for 26 May, 2011
- Billy Currington took “Good Directions” to Number One in Billboard in 2007.
- George Strait received a doctorate of humane letters from his alma mater, Texas State University in San Marcos, in 2006. He earned a bachelor degree from the institution in 1979.
- Brooks & Dunn earned their first gold album with Brand New Man in 1992.
- The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band‘s first Number One single, “Long Hard Road,” charted in 1984.
- Jeanne Pruett charted a Number One single in Billboard with her signature song, “Satin Sheets,” in 1973.
- Willie Nelson debuted on the charts with “Touch Me” in 1962.
- Hank and Audrey Williams‘ first divorce was finalized in 1948.
Not near a radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.