Alabama Makes Surprise Appearance, Brad Paisley Waits – Today In Country Music History
Alabama (the musicians, not the whole state) made a surprise appearance at the CMA Music Festival on this date in 2011, Brad Paisley was Waitin’ in 2008, Kenny Rogers had the number one Country music song in 1979 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 09 June, 2012.
- Alabama made a surprise CMA Music Festival appearance to perform “Old Alabama” and “Tennessee River” with Brad Paisley at Nashville’s LP Field in 2011.
- George Jones‘ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” was added to the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry in 2009.
- Brad Paisley‘s “Waitin’ On A Woman” was released to radio in 2008.
- Kenny Chesney‘s “Don’t Happen Twice” went to Number One on the Billboard country chart in 2001.
- Reba McEntire & Linda Davis recorded “Does He Love You” in 1993.
- George Strait‘s “Love Without End, Amen” began a five-week stay at Number One on the country singles chart in 1990.
- Lorrie Morgan joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1984.
- Kenny Rogers‘ “She Believes In Me” claimed the Number One spot on the Billboard country chart in 1979.
- The Everly Brothers‘ “All I Have To Do Is Dream” went to Number One in 1958.
Here’s Brad Paisley and special guest, Andy Griffith, in his 2008 video.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.