A Free Alan Jackson Show, Carrie Underwood Marks A Milestone, Willie Nelson Has Something On His Mind – Today In Country Music History
Alan Jackson did a free show at Cadillac Ranch in 2009, Carrie did her first song at an historic stage in 2005 and Willie Nelson had something on his mind (No, not that!) in 1978.
Here’s the rundown for Today In Country Music History for 10 June, 2011.
- Alan Jackson gave a free concert at Nashville’s Cadillac Ranch to celebrate two decades since signing his first recording deal in 2009, where he played 34 of his Top 10 hits.
- American Idol winner Carrie Underwood made her Grand Ole Opry debut in 2005.
- Former Oak Ridge Boy Steve Sanders died in an apparent suicide in Cape Coral, Florida in 1998.
- Clint Black‘s debut single, “A Better Man,” reached Number one on the Billboard country chart in 1989.
- Ricky Van Shelton joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1988.
- Barbara Mandrell gave her first post-accident performance on The Music City News Awards show in 1985.
- Willie Nelson‘s single “Georgia On My Mind” went to Number One in 1978.
- Buck Owens recorded the Number One singles, “Love’s Gonna Live Here” and “Together Again” in 1964.
Not near a radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.