A Duo Of Alan Jackson Duets – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
It was on this date in 2010 that Zac Brown and Alan Jackson released thier duet, As She’s Walking Away, and it was on this date in 2003 that Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet’s It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere started its five week run at the top of the charts.
I’d say that’s a pretty a pretty good run of luck for Alan!
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 09 August, 2011.
- The Zac Brown Band‘s “As She’s Walking Away,” featuring Alan Jackson was released to radio in 2010.
- Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffett spent the first of eight weeks at the top of the Billboard chart with “It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere” in 2003.
- Rascal Flatts bass player Jay DeMarcus got engaged to Allison Alderson in New York in 2003. The couple was introduced when she appeared in the band’s “These Days” video.
- The Best Of Tracy Lawrence was certified gold in 2001.
- Bill Monroe underwent double bypass surgery in 1991.
- The Judds‘ “Rockin’ With The Rhythm Of The Rain” went to Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1986.
- Mickey Gilley hit the top of the Billboard country chart with a song from the Urban Cowboy soundtrack, “Stand By Me,” in 1980.
- “Wasted Days And Wasted Nights” put Freddy Fender at the top of the Billboard country chart in 1975.
- Hank Williams missed a scheduled appearance on the Grand Ole Opry in 1952. Two days later, Opry manager Jim Denny fired Williams.
Now, what time did you say it was ???
Subscribe to 102.3 Blake FM on
That’s what I thought you said!
Not near a radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.